CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, June 30, 2008

Gentle Beagle, or Junk Yard dog??

Okay, so it depends on who you ask for the answer to that question. Jack really is a great dog , and we love him, and he loves everyone.......everyone except our gardener Jose'. For some reason he can not seem to get along with him, one day I looked outside because Jack had barked and I've never heard him bark like that, well he had Jose' up on the table scared for his life, it was really quite funny, but not for Jose'. We told him it was because Jack doesn't speak Portuguese HA HA so we have given Jose' a few American sayings like, "Jack that is enough", and "be quite Jack!", and "I have a cookie for you Jack." So far it really hasn't worked, so now I really have to get a bag of dog treats so that Jose' can give him one when he comes in the yard. We will see how that goes. Jack loves our maid, Kellie, I think that it is because she gives him scraps while she is cooking, so I think the treat thing will work. We think that Jack likes it here in Brazil, he is always chasing the local possum that gets in our yard, one day he had it, thank goodness he let it go, but when we got him to come in the house, he smelled just horrible!! The birds that use our pool for a bath only have managed to make him fall in once, we think he has learned his lesson. Finally, the other night he went after a bat, a huge bat that could have carried him away, I am sure of it!! So the local wildlife have been a new and exciting thing for him, we are glad he has these things to keep him busy, since we left his other dog friends in California, Jen I think he really misses walking with Rudy!!

4 comments:

ashleyhulse said...

that's too funny! our dogs get very protective too. they don't like people outside in the parking lot or knocking on the door. as long as they don't get aggressive, there's not much wrong with having protective dogs... atleast i don't think so. =)

Linda said...

OH MY GOSH! I can't believe that's Jack! How cute is he? :-) How much do we love that he got to go live with you guys?! I'm in Tennessee right now trying to buy a house in Clarksville (near Ft. Campbell)but I can't wait to get back and show the kids this picture!

Mary Beth said...

That is so funny, Dixie!

We miss you guys too. We can't wait to meet up again! Texas is nice so far and very, very flat! It's such a change from hilly Rio and it's weird to go back to very hot and humid again...we just got over that, didn't we? Anyway, enjoy the rest of your summer, I mean winter!

Morgan said...

DIXIE!!! I saw your comment on Lori's blog and was hoping it was you guys! I love your posts! I am so happy to see a glimpse into what life is like for you guys these days! I also love your kids, tell them hi for me!!

We said adios to the army life a few months ago and I am still adjusting. Its different. But Corky loves his job so its worth it.